Monday, June 4, 2007

Color Challenge



It's been a while since I've posted, and I kept thinking I need to do some stamping.
Do you realize how much of a withdrawal you can go through if you don't stamp for over a week? I guess I've been busy enough I didn't really realize it until today, and I'm sure it will not get much better for the rest of the summer. I should stop there, because I am willing to bet you money I'll be living in my stamp room when my new PREVIEW stuff comes! I didn't order as much as I normally would because I'm still saving for the big catalog! There might be something that I like even better in there, I'm sure! Here's what I ordered: 3 for You punch box, Baroque Motifs, Pick a Petal, On Board blossoms, Zoofari, and all of the new In Color Ink Pads & Paper. I was tempted to order the bling brads, and sentiment sets, but I just didn't want to waste any money right now. Like I said, I'm just waiting for something I might like better:)
So anyway, this card I made today was a color challenge on Dapple Designs Blog. I found her blog on Stampin' When I Can. This was just the challenge I needed, nothing too hard, just right. This challenge was to use Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, and Apricot Appeal. This sunflower set is a good 2-step stamping set. I really like that you keep layering the colors and it makes the image look like it has a lot of depth. I did a little technique on these sunflowers called "Rock-n-Roll". I took the first petal stamp (large) and inked it in Apricot, and just rolled the edges in cocoa. I think it looks like the petals drying out. I also made this card 5 1/4 X 5 1/4". The ribbon was frayed at the ends and I did a lot of sponging. Thanks for visiting! BTW~Thanks to everyone who left their super kind comments for me! I really appreciate it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Serene Sunflower, Warm Words, Weathered Background
Paper: Close To Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla
Ink: Close To Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Small & Large Oval Punches
Techniques: Sponging, Frayed Ribbon

1 comment:

Tami Bayer said...

I love the soft feel of your card. Thanks so much for taking my challenge. You've got a great start on your blog! Glad I found you.