Wednesday, July 11, 2007



Can you believe this is my first scrapbooking post here on my blog? Somehow yesterday I got the urge to do a scrapbook layout. Weird. I haven't done any pages since winter and it seems like I'm falling farther and farther behind where I should be.
I actually started scrapbooking before I made any cards or started stamping. Wait, that's not true. Technically I started stamping in middle school, but that doesn't count. I just played with my mom's stuff and didn't generate anything useful :)
I think the reason behind the "urge" was that I got this new circle cutter in the mail from Just Imagine Crafts
It's called the Kreaxions circle cutter, and it looks like an old fashioned cutter. It was pretty cheap, like around $8 with shipping. Since I'm not getting my Cricut Expression soon, I needed to figure out a way to cut really big circles. All of those other circle cutters out there cut a max of a 7" circle. I wanted bigger, and mine cuts a max of 9". So I read on some one's blog that she ordered one of these cutters.
I thought at first-you really get what you pay for. I mean the thing didn't cut the greatest, and you actually pull the paper through the cutter. After ruining a few pieces of 12x12 card stock, I finally figured the thing out. I had to be very careful and slow when I pulled the paper through and made sure the paper didn't "bubble" while I was cutting it or the cuts would not line up at the end.
Overall, I think I can live with it for a little while, although there will be some serious hints thrown at my hubby for my birthday about the cricut expression. Seriously.
If you look closely at my page, you will see in the picture that the little girl has the #3 on the top of her cupcake stand, and I wrote 4Th birthday on the page! I hate it when I screw journaling up!
After I cut my really big circle out of the blue paper, I used my corner rounder to make the scallops. I don't know if it shows really well on your monitors but I added 7 little rhinestones to the middle of the big flower in the corner. I thought that added the perfect "bling"!

Recipe:
Paper: aqua, white, purely pomegranate
Stamps: Mod alphabet, headline alphabet, big deal alphabet, letterpress alphabet, label classics
Ink: Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black
Accessories: Ginormous prima flower, bling rhinestones, chipboard "L"


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

That is one CUTE page!! You definitely need to be scrapbooking more! The circle is great, I LOVE the title, and the flower center bling is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Nice layout, love the soft sky paper and the softness of the page. The circle cutouts are great! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love this layout! great job!