Thursday, July 19, 2007

Homemade Prima Flower


I love how we all learn from each other by our websites! I especially have Kat to thank on this one. A week ago or so she did a tutorial on making flowers out of her Giga Scallop Circle punch. What a GENIUS! Since I didn't have a GIGA punch, I had to use my Stampin' UP! Scallop Circle punch. A bit smaller, but would do for me. If you didn't see Kat's instructions on how to do this I will tell you step by step:

1. Punch your scallop circle.
2. with a pencil (or I used my paper piercer, or you could use a bone folder) and a ruler, line up the scallop "crotches" (ok-sorry, I don't know any other word for this!) across from each other and draw a line, or score a line.
3. Now use your paper snips and cut all of your lines to the middle, but not to the center. Otherwise you'd cut all of the petals off, silly!
4. You have your flower now! Decorate it with brads, or here I've used the 3/4" circle and roughed up the edges.


Recipe:
Stamps: Polka dot Bg, Stem Sayings, Short & Sweet
Paper: Groovy Guava, Sage Shadow, Whisper White
Ink: Groovy Guava, Sage Shadow Classic
Accessories: Scallop Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for explaining how to make the flower!
Tiffany D.
http://stampscrapshoprepeat.blogspot.com/