Friday, September 14, 2007

27 Sketches in 27 Days-#12



Sketch #12 & Card.....

Don't you just love our new Basic Gray?? I love pairing it with softer pastels-it makes the best compliment for those colors.

I colored the butterfly on this card with an Almost Amethyst marker, but it came out really really pale. This usually happens to me when I color with a marker, but not usually this light. Then I colored in the centers of the wings with an Aquapainter and Basic Gray. I mounted this piece on a piece of Basic Gray and added dimensionals.

I stamped the row of flowers and "to you from me" in Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder. Under this is some paper from the "Uptown" paper pack. Love that stuff too!

Recipe:
Stamps: Just Like You, All in a Row
Paper: UPtown, Basic Gray, Almost Amethyst, WW
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Versamark, Basic Gray
Accessories: White Embossing powder, dimensionals, Aquapainter



Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be back with another sketch!

4 comments:

Alex said...

Very pretty - I do love that gray! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

AJ said...

your card is just fabulous, love the layout, and yes the gray is great to work with!!

Angel said...

Oooh. I like this sketch. I am behind again because I had a major project to work on. I gotta catch up. It should be fun though. I haven't bought any of the Basic grey yet. But I love everything I've seen with it!! This card included!

Angel said...

Got this one done. I'm working way out of order. LOL
http://angelosity.blogspot.com/2007/09/victoria-candy.html